Calcium remover for Start-Up and Refill. Create a softer, more enjoyable experience. Help prolong the life of your hot tub and extend the amount of time between water changes.
1. After filling your hot tub, use a FreshWater® 5-Way test strip to measure the calcium hardness level of the water. If hardness is above 100ppm, use the VANISHING ACT calcium remover to soften the water. Suggested Hardness Level: 25-75ppm for salt systems (other systems 75-150ppm)
2. Rinse the VANISHING ACT calcium remover with running water until water runs clear. When placed in the hot tub, slight color transfer to the water may occur and can be easily resolved with chlorine
3. Ask your local hot tub dealer to help you locate your heater return or the correct jet suction fitting (diagram also available in owner's your spa manual)
For Spas with a Heater Return (no-bypass filtration):
1. Place the VANISHING ACT calcium remover (flat side down) over the heater return in footwell
2. After 10-12 hours, flip the calcium remover over and reposition over the heater return
3. After a total of 24 hours, take the calcium remover off of the heater return and discard. Note: DO NOT RUN JETS WHILE CALCIUM REMOVER IS IN PLACE
For Spas with Jet Suction Fittings:
1. Press the VANISHING ACT button on your control panel, or activate the low speed
if VANISHING ACT button not available on your spa
2. Place the VANISHING ACT calcium remover completely over the associated suction fitting in the footwell
3. Test spa water for calcium hardness after low speed jets shut off. Suggested Hardness Level: 25-75ppm for salt systems (other systems 75-150ppm). A single 6 hour VANISHING ACT Cycle is typically adequate
4. For spas that do not have a VANISHING ACT cycle, repeat 1-2 times.